Gnu Emacs and OpenWindows

Stew Ellis elliss at kira.egr.msu.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

ABYKAT%UTCVM.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Dr. A.Bykat) writes:

>The other day I decided to install Gnu 18.57 under OpenWindows. Tried both
>build-install and make, but without success. It seems that OpenWindows
>does not have the X11/X10.h file which is needed by XMenuInt.h:

>    XMenuInt.h: 21: Can't find include file X11/X10.h

>PS.Yes, I know, leaving #define HAVE_X_MENU commented out and faking the
>X10.h will work. But then there is no menu support in emacs, etc.

I have not tried to bring up Gnu emacs, but  openwindows include files are
not in a "standard place".  If you are running openwin then there should
be an environment variable $OPENWINHOME.  It there is, then you need to
invoke the C compiler with -I${OPENWINHOME}/include.  You can put this in
the "CFLAGS =" definition in the makefile.  If it uses Imake, I do not
know how to do it: Sun and HP do not include imake support on the systems
I have used.

  elliss at frith.egr.msu.edu            ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE