"copytape" makes exact duplicates of most tapes -- Newer version?

David L. Markowitz dav at genisco.gtc.com
Wed Apr 3 01:00:00 AEST 1991

In comp.sys.sun you write:

>The program "copytape" makes exact duplicates of SUN 1/4" tapes and DEC
>tapes and probably others.  This includes boot tapes.

>However, "copytape" fails on tapes that contain files whose record size
>changes in a file.

>Does anyone know of a modified "copytape" that can handle this situation?

Enclosed is my program "tapecv", which will handle this properly.
It requires two tape drives, but no disk space.  The drives can
be on different machines, and can be different types of drives.

[[Ed's Note: Placed in archives. -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : tapecv.shar
	Filesize : 27708 bytes

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source tapecv.shar