Mad mailer deamon

karln!uunet.uu.net!karln at uunet.uu.net karln!uunet.uu.net!karln at uunet.uu.net
Mon Apr 29 05:20:00 AEST 1991

I Have a SunSparcStation 2:

I recently tried to send mail to a uucp system. Unfortunatly I am not
entirely sure what I did, but my problem is that I keep getting messages
twice a day that says LOGIN FAILED. After four days now I am getting a bit
frustrated. I cannot find the message, I cannot see it in the uucp queue
from uustat. I cannot see the modem trying to dail.

I think that our YellowPages server has got it and since is also the uucp
package it is trying to dail to a modem it does not have. If it is trying
the serial port it is trying to uucp login to the printer :-/!

Does anybody have ANY ideas.

I suppose that i will have to remove the system name from the Systems file
and maybe then the message will be returned as undeliverable.  I cannot
even reboot the system to cure this.

P.S. I have uucp software on my system mounted from the yp server, so the
yp server could very well think it is capable of running uucp. However my
system is flaged as the mailhost. I just don't know.

		Frustrated ...
		Karl Nicholas

| Karl Nicholas             | A recent Gallop Poll showed that 1 in 6 |
| karln%karln at uunet.uu.net  | Americans have spoken to a dead person. |