Problem with printing on Genicom 4440 XT.

Jesse W. Asher dynasys!jessea at rutgers.edu
Fri Feb 1 04:13:18 AEST 1991

I'm trying to get a Genicom 4440 XT printer to print and I'm not being
very successful.  I'm running a Sun Sparcstation and I'm sure that my
printcap is incorrect.  When I attempt to print something, it begins to
print, but then starts printing over itself on the same line.  It does
this for a while, continues down the page, and then does it again.  I
assume that what is happening is that the printer and the computer have
their signals crossed and the computer is not getting the message that the
buffer is full.  I've got this printer attached to a DEI-1 multi-port
serial configuration.  Does anyone know how I can correct this problem or
does anyone have a printcap entry for a Genicom 4440 XT printer?  Any help
would be very much appreciated.