Sparcstation1 3.5" Floppy Utilitiyes/Help

Sacha Shopov shopov at ee.su.oz.au
Tue Feb 19 05:43:00 AEST 1991

I am using a Sun Sparcstation to transfer files off Unix onto 3.5" high
density 1.44 meg IBM floppies. The problem occurs when I take the texts
onto the 386, I find they have been stripped of their Carriage Returns.  I
was using the mcopy utility provided by a colleague.  I am after perhaps
sources to these mcopy, m* utilities and/or docs, perhaps at an avaliable
ftp site if appropriate.

I would have imagined this situation would have been all too common, to
expect a flag or something with mcopy that adds in LF & CR as required.
[I was not shown the docs obviously, unfortunately].

Are there any simple solutions to the above problems. Thanks plenty.

Sachz.
shopov at ee.su.oz.au