Manuals for 3/60 running SunOS 4.0.3

David Boles apas611 at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 14 09:03:00 AEST 1991

I am looking at buying a Sun 3/60 for home use.  The person that I am
purchasing it from doesn't have an OS for the machine so I'll have to buy
it from Sun.  Similarly, he does not have docs for the machine.  Do I need
to buy these from Sun as well?  They want $450 for the documentation.  Is
there anyone out there willing to sell me their 4.0.3 docs (I'm getting
that OS since it's substantially cheaper than 4.1.1)?

Another question that I have concerns something called a right to use
license.  Do I automatically get this when I buy the machine?  Sun claims
that it is a $0 dollar item, but they won't give me one.  Do I need it?
What is it? What are the advantages, if any, to having it?

Thanks very much for your help.

David Boles
Applied Research Laboratories
University of Texas at Austin