Telnet Probs

steinour at cc.gettysburg.edu steinour at cc.gettysburg.edu
Sat Feb 23 05:31:00 AEST 1991

We are having problems with telnetting to our Sun Server. When using
telnet we get a login prompt. After entering our account name and hitting
return the next line does not go back to the beginning of the line. It
does a line feed but starts the next line where you left off typing the
last line. This continues to happen for each line until you get to the
other side of the screen and then it stays there and you cannot read
anything on your screen. If you let it sit and try telnetting again later
it appears to be OK again. It's like there is no problem at all. Also
re-booting the server will clear this up. We seem to experience this at
least one time a day.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is there anyone out there with
a solution? We are running a 4/490 server and 4.0.3 Unix. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Please send all reply's to
steinour at gettysburg.edu. Thanks in advance..