Sunlink X.25 [help]

Eric Ho eric at picard.sbi.com
Wed Feb 20 06:22:00 AEST 1991

Has anyone out there tried using Sunlink X.25 over a pair of synchronous
Codex modems before (both at 9.6k baud).  The line is not dedicated --
just local phone calls -- actually the modems are only 2 buildings apart.

However, one Codex is hooked to a Tandem while the other one is hooked to
a Sun-4/260 under SunOS 4.1.

The SunLink X.25 setup is pretty much generic except that I'm not running
x25manager since I'm not configuring the Sun-4 to be an internetwork
router.  So, upon reboot, it simply run x25start, x25config and x29.

Is there anyway I can test if my setup at the Sun-4's end is ok -- I tried
'vcstat 0' but it said hdlc down and packet level down.

Do I need to reconfig the serial ports differently ?  The codex modem just
hooked to ttya on the Sun-4/260 -- nothing has been changed to ttya
however.  I'm pretty sure however that the modems are connected - the LEDs
on both modems said "Data Ready 9600 Restr" and the TxD and RxD lights on
both modems are lit.  The Codex on the Sun-4 end is accepting calls while
the Codex on the Tandem end is initiating calls.

Can someone enlighten me on this ?

+ Eric Ho                          Email: eric at sbi.com
+ Salomon Brothers, Inc.  [SISS]   Phone: (212) 855-3003