Bug in Release 4.1.1

Victor Pollara pollara at unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de
Thu Feb 14 09:03:00 AEST 1991

We have recently installed Release 4.1.1 on our machines.  Up till then, I
had no problems with the call:

             suntools -i

which makes my screen white-on-black. I do this because black-on-white
kills my eyes.

With Release 4.1.1 this same command has the following effect:

1.  My background is white-on-black
2.  Command shell, clock, mailbox, etc. are black-on-white!!
3.  >>critical<< the mouse-arrow DOES NOT reverse color when it moves into
    these white fields!!!  That is, it is invisible in the command shell, etc.
4.  When I open new shells, editors, etc., they are white-on-black and the
    mouse-arrow functions properly.

This is a real pain.  I have to kill all of the black-on-white objects and
restart them to get white-on-black ones.

Our hypothesis:

The default windows (command shell, clock, mailbox, etc.) are configured
before the inverse option is internally set.  The background is configured
after the inverse option is internally set, so everything created
thereafter is OK.