Kodak XL 7700 driver?

Rodney Peck II rodney at dali.ipl.rpi.edu
Fri Feb 22 07:15:00 AEST 1991

Our lab just received a Kodak XL 7700 "Digital Continuous Tone Printer"
which we are planning to interface to our sun 4/280 via scsi.
Unfortunately, Kodak doesn't do sun drivers for this printer.  I'm not
sure what this think costs, but I've heard that it retails for somewhere
around $30,000.

If anyone out there happens to already have written scsi drivers or image
file converters to drive this printer, please let me know.

I'm probably going to have to write some stuff myself, so I need some
pointers to good starting places for writing scsi driver code.  I imagine
that this will end up as something like /dev/kodak on the 4/280.  Is there
some place that I can pick up some example driver code and instructions on
good ways to test and debug the driver?

Please reply via email.

Rodney Peck II
Coordinator of Technical Services