XView problems on SunOS/OpenWindows...

scott%grlab.uucp at hpubvwa.nsr.hp.com scott%grlab.uucp at hpubvwa.nsr.hp.com
Tue Feb 19 05:43:00 AEST 1991

I'm trying to set something up so an XView PANEL_TEXT field is
auto-"selected" under programmatic control. I haven't seen any way to
effect this change directly...like this fictional piece of code...

   xv_set (item,
           PANEL_TEXT_SELECT, 0, strlen ((char *) xv_get (item, PANEL_VALUE)),
           NULL);

So what I'm resorting to is trying to synthesize some events. I want to
fool things into believing that a triple-click has occurred in the
PANEL_TEXT item, thus causing the select. The idea is that when I "move"
to a new field, the new field is "selected" in such a way that newly typed
characters will replace the old contents. I want the text in the field to
be reverse-video'd, too.

Has anyone had any experience with faking events to either the PANEL
package of XView or to the notifier, in general? I've been poking through
the MIT XView code to try to get some hints...it seems it ought to be
possible, but I'm missing something somewhere here.

I'm running:
   SunOS 4.1; OpenWindows 2.0; SPARCstation 1+

Scott Blachowicz
USPS:  Graphicus                E-mail:  scott%grlab.UUCP at hpubvwa.NSR.HP.COM
       150 Lake Str S, #206      ..or..  scott at grlab.Celestial.COM
       Kirkland, WA USA 98033    ..or..  ...!hpubvwa!grlab!scott
Voice: 206/828-4691             FAX:     206/828-4236