4.1.1 tip and UUCP Query - machine refuses to dial out.

Elaine M Richards autodesk!booter at uunet.uu.net
Wed Feb 20 06:22:00 AEST 1991

Greetings. I just installed 4.1.1 on my Sparcstation 1+ and have come
across a most peculiar problem.

uucico appears to scan the Systems file line for the site, skips trying to
phone out and goes right to sitting around, picking its little nose and
waiting for "login".

tip is acting up also. I can "tip cua0", do the ATdt bop and get
connected. If I "tip 5551212", the SD light flickers some and it does not
dial out.

I have tried this on two different modems, a Telebit T2500 which has been
in reliable use on another guy's workstation and a Hayes 2400, which I had
been using with 4.0.3.

I swapped cables, also.

Advice? Anyone else get this? I really would like my machine to be able to
dial out. I would also like to know if this is a bug of some sort before I
go upgrade our two major uucp servers.

E. Richards  fernwood!autodesk!booter or booter at Autodesk.COM