Canon IX-30F Scanner Interface

Marvin P. Kraska kraska at fmsrl7.srl.ford.com
Thu Feb 14 09:03:00 AEST 1991

I'm posting this for a colleague at the University of Michigan.  Two
questions:

1) Has anyone got a SCSI driver for the Canon IX-30F flatbed scanner?
   Canon was generous enough to supply the school with the developers pack,
   complete specifications, and drivers for IBM and Apple computers.
   However, the school just got their Sun Sparcstations, and would like to
   use the scanner with those machines too.

2) If no drivers already exist, is there a general purpose SCSI
   driver/library available for the Sparcstations?  The specifications for
   the scanner list all commands, result codes, etc., but it seems like the
   effort should be put into manipulating the commands, not repeating kernel
   code to actually deal with the host adapter.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong group to post this request to, but I don't
know of any other groups to try.  Since I'm posting this for someone else,
please contact me directly (email or phone), or post to the appropriate
group.

    Thanks in advance,

    Marvin Kraska
    kraska at fmsrl7.srl.ford.com