Default font for OW2.0 - a summary

Joe Hartley jhartley at bbs.sbs.com
Wed Feb 20 06:22:00 AEST 1991

I received a number of responses to my question about how to change the
default font in Open Windows to a larger size.  There are actually a
couple of ways of doing this.

1] To make the font used by just about everything in OW larger, add the
   line

             Window.scale:   large

to your .Xdefaults file.  Two notes here-the white space between the colon
and the large MUST be a TAB, not simply spaces.  Second, you may
substitute extra_large for large and get a very large font.  Large is
planty big for me, though.

2] To actually change the font used by OW (and not just its size), you can
   add a line to .Xdefaults like so:

              OpenWindows.font:       fontname

Again, the white space between the colon and the font name is a TAB
character.  Fonts available to be used can be found with the command
$OPENWINHOME/bin/xlsfonts.

Thanks for all the advice!