Adding a Sun to an Appletalk Network

Zeyad Najem najem at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 30 02:54:52 AEST 1991

We have an Apple lab with 5 machines, a laser writer, and a TECH N50 tape
drive all connected by Appletalk and served by TOPS (a sun product).
We're adding a Sun Sparcstation 2 to this lab. I have three questions:

1.  How do we use the appletalk connected LaserWriter for the Sun?
2.  How can we use the TECH N50 tape drive for Unix backup?
3.  Can we use the Sun as a MAC file server?

Please reply by mail and I'll post a summary if people are interested.

 najem at cs.uiuc.edu                              1514 Beckman Institute
 Knowledge-Based Systems Group                  405 North Mathews Avenue
 Department of Computer Science                 Urbana, IL 61801
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign     U.S.A.