Bob Weissman bob at omni.com
Fri Jan 25 13:12:37 AEST 1991

In article <1349 at brchh104.bnr.ca> jon at robots.oxford.ac.uk (Jon Tombs) writes:
>I suspect the reason eeprom doesn't work on most your machines is because
>you never put it in the kernal!  from the GENERIC sun4c config file:
>#
># The "open EEPROM" pseudo-device is required to support the
># eeprom command.
>#
>pseudo-device   openeepr        # onboard configuration NVRAM

Unfortunately, this doesn't fix eeprom(8S) on non-4c architectures.

I have a 4/470 whose eeprom(8S)
	* claims the checksum is wrong
	* will print the eeprom contents when given "-i"
	* fails to do anything when given "-c", with or without "-i".
	* will not allow changing eeprom contents, with or without
	  "-c" and/or "-i"

Any ideas on this one?

Bob Weissman
Internet:	bob at omni.com
UUCP:		...!{apple,decwrl,pyramid,sgi,uunet}!omni!bob