Interleaf printing on Sun

Dieter Braun dbraun at i50s7.ira.uka.de
Thu Jan 24 05:07:26 AEST 1991

I've problems with the Interleaf printing on our SUN's.

After booting the print server, I first have to kill the /usr/lib/lpd and
restart it by hand. only then the interleaf installed printers are
working. On the other hand they queue in the interleaf printer queues and
don't reach the transcript queues.  Printing to the transcript printers
works right. We are using SunOS 4.1.

Who has any ideas about it.  What is the difference between starting lpd
in rc and starting as root by hand?  Is there any know lpd bug?  Are there
any problems with other printing software?