Topic Vote Results

Bob Greene - Moderator rgreene at bnr.ca
Wed Jan 16 10:07:00 AEST 1991

First, my apologies for the slow turn around lately. My only excuses are
high volume (lots of rejected messages and duplicates the last couple of
days :() and instability of my connection to Rice.

That said, I'm happy to announce that two of the new topics I suggested
have passed with flying colors. Starting today, there will be two
additional topics: Compatibles and Formats. The Sparc topic will not be
created since (a) reception was generally lukewarm and (b) as others have
mentioned, Sun is pushing the Sparc architecture as it's main offering and
the older, 68xxx based architectures are taking the back burner - this
choice should be reflected in Sunspots (comp.sys.sun).

The SunWorld issue is still awaiting resolution, but your input was
generally favorable, and I'd like to thank everyone that responded.

Bob Greene            Sunspots (comp.sys.sun) Moderator     ESN 446-7396
LAN/WAN Engineering and Support                            (214) 907-7396
Bell Northern Research, Richardson, Texas, USA             rgreene at bnr.ca