Need sound advice on SPARC-2

Bruce Robertson labman at ecr.mu.oz.au
Wed Jan 23 08:16:08 AEST 1991

We have received a SPARC-2 desktop and have just installed the full
release of OS4.1.1 We have not installed any other stuff to date. I have
been working through the demos to test a few of the features.

 PROBLEM.

NONE of the audio demos work at all. NO sound either from the internal
speaker or from the external jack.

The demos work fine on a SPARC-1 we had on loan a while back and the
re-make of the sound demos on the SPARC-2 does not seem to have any
effect.

My request is if anyone has actually had the RELEASE supplied sound demos
/usr/demo/SOUND.... actually going on a SPARC-2 under SUN OS4.1.1?

Bruce Robertson                               | labman at gondwana.ecr.mu.OZ.AU