Problem with tip on Sun 386i

Doug Ravenel drav at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Wed Jan 9 05:01:42 AEST 1991

I am having problems transferring large files from a remote unix system to
my system with the tip program.  The window invaraibly crashes after 18KB
or 20KB has been transferred.  When I say the window crashes, I mean the
portion of the screen that it occupies does not respond to mouse or
keyboard commands. My only recourse is to logout and start over.  My
connection with the remote system is via modem, not ethernet.  An
alternative to tip would be welcome, although I have been unable to get
anywhere with kermit on my system.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

					Doug Ravenel
					Deaprtment of Mathematics
					University of Rochester
					drav at troi.cc.rochester.edu