uucp/crontab problem in 4.1.1

aditya at voyager.cs.uh.edu aditya at voyager.cs.uh.edu
Wed Jan 16 02:25:29 AEST 1991

We are using Sunos 4.1.1, I have just set up a uucp connection and facing
problems with it.

1. The uucp demons don't seem to follow the time set in the /etc/uucp/Poll
   file as to when to call another machine.  This file simply states that to
   put the hours the outside machine is to be called. So, I have to use the
   crontab uucp file or the /etc/uucp/Systems file for blocking unnecessary
   calls.

2. Then it also seems that one of the cleanup demons is changing the
   permissions of the /var/spool/uucp/uunet dir's from uucp to root and a
   file inside it also (/var/spool/uucp/uunet/C.uunet 0000 ) to root, with
   the result that uucico demon cannot transfer the file and gives the
   following error

uunet 1c 01/12-08:11 ASSERT ERROR CAN'T UNLINK /var/spool/uucp/uunet
		/C.uunet0000 ( uucico )

If anyone has clues can you send me some mail?

Thanks.

aditya at cs.uh.edu
!uunet!geoquest!ast