Moderator's Notes: 1/6/91

Bob Greene - Moderator rgreene at bnr.ca
Mon Jan 7 06:37:23 AEST 1991

I am considering adding a couple of new digest topics, and would appreciate
input from the readers:

     (a) Compatibles: covering machines that run SunOS, but are not
         made by Sun Microsystems (Solbourne, Sparcstation clones)
     (b) SPARC: covering questions that are SPARC specific
     (c) Formats: covers the plethora of disk formats, printcap entries
         and termcap entries that are submitted/requested

The first two I'm unsure about - I think the third one would be a big
gain, 'cause it'd make it a lot easier to browse the archives to find
a given disk/printer/terminal entry.

And, finally, I have recently been talking to the people at SunWorld
(non-electronic Sun journal). They have indicated an interest in carrying
selected excerpts from the Sunspots/comp.sys.sun newsgroup in a separate
column in their journal. Stepping aside all the obvious problems of
copyrights and that sort of thing, I was wondering what reader consensus
would be towards going ahead with this.

Please mail your comments on all these directly to me at my email address
listed below. Thanks again for your help.

Bob Greene - Sunspots (comp.sys.sun) Moderator
LAN/WAN Engineering and Support                        (214) 907-7396
Bell Northern Research, Richarson, Texas, USA          rgreene at bnr.ca