Domain Name System implementation

Shannon Yeh syeh at ics.uci.edu
Sat Jan 26 07:02:42 AEST 1991

Because I have a couple of aged Suns like the 2/120, I have to keep using
SunOS 4.0.  When I tried to run name server, I had to add the shared
library to /usr/lib.  After I added the shared lib (called libc.so.10.1 or
something like that), my name server worked fine. However, I had to remove
the added library each time if I need to reboot the machine. Is there
anyone experienced the same problem and found a smart way to fix it? (We
currently put acouple of script lines in the rc boot file.)

The other question I have is: we have a 1.2GB disk (Fujitsu) in our
system.  Its memory accessing is too slow to meet our operation. Is it
possible I can accelerate the disk accessing speed, through some software
or hardware?

Any type of response will be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Shannon Yeh
Internet:
	1.  yeh at netix.com
	2.  syeh at ics.uci.edu