CD ROM /extract_patch

Frank Heath earth!heath at sunkist.west.sun.com
Wed Jan 16 12:10:47 AEST 1991

After hearing the rumblings about Sun's CDROM  strategy, I have got a new
burn. We have the CDROM, and for installs its great, no questions. BUT I
just tried to extract  the Patch for C++ 2.0 needed for 4.1 and
/usr/etc/extract_patch won't recognize sr0(the cdrom device).  Looking at
the script the switch only has three options,  st0, mt0, and fd0.  I
haven't attempted to hack the script, I'll probably just hang the tape up
tomorrow morning.  If CDROM is going to be the media all the loose ends
must be taken care of.

Frank S. Heath
heath at nbecc.nb.rok.com