Shared library to fix name resolution

Wai-Hung David Lee wlee at ics.uci.edu
Wed Jan 23 17:10:37 AEST 1991

I downloaded libc_resolv.so.sun3 from the anonymous FTP site uunet.uu.net.
But then I have trouble booting the machine with this shared library.  Has
anyone experienced a similar problem?  Does this shared library work with
Sun OS 4.0, or is it only for Sun OS 4.0.3?  I was able to get the name
resolution working for the FTP, TELNET commands using this library though.

I took the following steps to install the libc_resolv.so.sun3 on a Sun
3/50 running Sun OS 4.0:

1) mv libc_resolv.so.sun3 /usr/lib/libc.so.0.10.1
2) /usr/lib/ldconfig

I apologize if this question has been discussed on the net before.

Thanks in advance!