Xsun fails compile on SunOS4.1.1

Bert Still bert at lll-crg.llnl.gov
Mon Jan 14 18:50:58 AEST 1991

I just tried to build Xsun on a SparcStation 2 running SunOS4.1.1.  With
the new keyboards, Sun has changed the value of the constant HOLE from
0xA2 to 0x302, while the element kiockey.type remains unsigned char.  An
assignment or comparison of these twho is therefore invalid.  Line 170 of
sunKbd.c has a comparison of the two which fails to pass the sun compiler.
I could promote the comparison to short, but this would still not allow
the assignment to have been made, and the comparison would always fail
anayway.

Has anyone fixed this problem yet?  I would much rather not have to hack
the sunKbd.c routine myself.

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Bert at lll-crg.llnl.gov, Bert Still, Numerical Math Group, LLNL, (415)294-4171