OW2.0 Server dies...any ideas?

Thomas Wolf wolf at mink.att.com
Fri Jan 4 08:55:30 AEST 1991

I posted this several months ago but never got any replies.  If this is a
known problem, could someone in the know (Sun?) please tell me?

I (and a friend with identical setup) have encountered the following
problem under OW2.0:  Under TWM, when we destroy an application's window
(using TWM's f.destroy which, I believe, just closes the connection
between a client and the server) AFTER it has been moved, the server
simply crashes and dumps core.  Following exactly the same procedure using
the X11R4 server causes no problems at all.

We have the following setup: Sparcstation-1, 16MB RAM, GFX Board (and the
GFX patch for SunOS4.03 applied), SunOS4.03 and OW2.0 (as well as X11R4).

Any help/information would be much appreciated,
Tom