Sunview colors, which do you use/like ?

Eric W. Ziegast ziegast at eng.umd.edu
Wed Jan 2 05:05:45 AEST 1991

In article <980 at brchh104.bnr.ca> (Jeff Wolford) writes:
>I am a new user of Sunview, what text background/forground color
>combinations do you like:  What are nice to read ?

I'm sure that you'll get either a zillion responses or none at all.  Each
person has their own individual taste for color.  I prefer pastels myself.
I remember a chart in the Commodore 64 (ack!) Reference Guide which
pointed out good and bad combinations of foreground and background colors
for readability like (red on blue is bad, yellow on black is good).  If
you're red/green color blind, you might want to avoid red on green. :-)
I'm sure that out there in the standards-definition books, like for SAA or
MS-Windows, they will probably mention what colors and color combinations
are better than others.

As a rule of thumb, dark on light, light on dark are good for reading;
dark on dark, light on light are bad.

It's all up to you.  Half of the fun of editing GUI defaults is going
through different color combinations.