WANTED: Grade tracking program.

cne6745 at ritvax.isc.rit.edu cne6745 at ritvax.isc.rit.edu
Wed Jan 2 13:15:31 AEST 1991

The CS department here at R.I.T. is looking for a program which will keep
track of student's grades and allow statistics, class averages, averages
for each student, etc... The usual stuff that a professor would want to
do. It would have to store the data in a database in order to make quick &
easy queries in a nice professional graphical manner. We have a relational
database already so the database itself wouldn't have to be included in
the program.

Is there ANYONE out there who has a program like this already written or
knows where I can find one and would like to help out a money starved
department? The powers that be don't want to budget any money for this
program so it would have to be (GULP) free. I haven't seen anything like
this on comp.sources.sun.

Anything, even a rough skeleton ("fixer-upper", so to speak) would save us
from having to write this thing from scratch ourselves. R.I.T. has asked
me and a few other students to obtain a program like this but NO money or
grade will be awarded for it. It is part of a unique class where we are
graded for how we work TOGETHER, *NOT* on any finished product.

Thanks.

Chris Elfers
Rochester Institute Of Technology	   INTERNET: cne6745 at vaxa.isc.rit.edu