Ethernet panic/reboot !!

Danny Vanderryn dvandeer at oracle.com
Sat Jan 19 11:39:42 AEST 1991

In article <1202 at brchh104.bnr.ca> dupuy at cs.columbia.edu writes:

>There's a patch for the "RINT with buffer owned by chip", which you can
>get via anonymous ftp from princeton.edu, in
>~ftp/pub/sun-fixes/if_le.patch.shar.

Does this solve spurious "le0: No carrier - transceiver cable problem?"
messages as well?  Our network people have been reinstalling ethernet
boards left and right, etc., but I keep thinking maybe it's a software
prob.

[[Ed's Note: These messages (No carrier) were discussed in some detail a
while back (v8n80 v8n88 v8n98 v8n121 among others), and then general
consensus seemed to be that this was usually a hardware problem with loose
connections being the #1 cited cause. -bdg]]