CD-ROM Drives for SparcStations and AT's

John Quintana jpq at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Tue Jan 15 06:19:17 AEST 1991

We are purchasing a CD-ROM data base with retrieval software that runs on
an XT/AT.  Consequently, we need to purchase a CD-ROM drive which is ISO
9660 compliant.  We also run a network of Sun SparcStations and we would
like to purchase a drive which can be used both on the SparcStations and
the XT/AT.  The idea would be to dedicate the drive to the XT/AT and move
it over to the SparcStations as need arose (i.e.  software installation
etc...).  Is this possible?  Are there any drives out there that meet
these capabilities?  Please email direct to me and if there is sufficent
interest, I'll post the results.  I don't normally read this group.