SunOS 4.1 Name Resolution Libraries

Andy Sherman andys at ulysses.att.com
Sat Jan 26 02:09:27 AEST 1991

In article <1236 at brchh104.bnr.ca> lofaso at titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Bernie Lofaso) writes:

>It appears as though the name resolution libraries on uunet do not work
>under SunOS 4.1, although we have used them successfully under 4.0.3. Can
>anyone confirm this? Are resolver libraries available for 4.1?

They're not needed for 4.1, since the release contains the tools to
customize the shared C library.  Greg Earle, Sun's on-site support person
at JPL has posted instructions for how to do the resolver to the
sun-managers list, and possibly to this list.  Perhaps the moderator will
add an archive reference to this.  If not, send me mail and I'll see if I
can find it to repost it.

[[Ed's Note: I think I have the right reference although it doesn't appear
to be from Greg Earle (might have inherited someone's name that reposted
it) -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : bindon41.shar

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source bindon41.shar

Andy Sherman/AT&T Bell Laboratories/Murray Hill, NJ
AUDIBLE:  (201) 582-5928
READABLE: andys at ulysses.att.com  or att!ulysses!andys