g++ installation problem -- HELP!

HISTA at jetson.uh.edu HISTA at jetson.uh.edu
Thu Jan 24 00:37:00 AEST 1991

I am having a rather stupid problem in installing g++.  The makefile
always gets stuck at the same point.  Here is the point, and the reason it
gives for bombing:

gcc -c -g -DGATHER_STATISTICS -O  -B../gcc-test/ -I. -I. -I./config
    -DPARSE_OUTPUT=\"/<path>/g++/cplus-tab.out\" cplus-tab.c
cplus-parse.y: In function init_parse:
cplus-parse.y:3099: `yytname' undeclared (first use this function)
cplus-parse.y:3099: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cplus-parse.y:3099: for each function it appears in.)
cplus-parse.y: In function print_parse_statistics:
cplus-parse.y:3136: `yytname' undeclared (first use this function)
cplus-parse.y:3165: `yyrline' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cplus-tab.o'

Because of this error, the rest of my installation is getting hampered.
Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?  As I see it, the two
variables it complains about -- yytname and yyrline -- are in the search
path or link path for the compiler.  I am getting desperate to find a
solution.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

/&&       E-mail at :  hista at jane.uh.edu                              &&/
/&&                 OR malhotra at cs.uh.edu                             &&/