BYTE is looking for a few good UNIX administrators

Tom Yager bytepb!tyager at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jan 11 04:52:43 AEST 1991

BYTE is looking for a few good corporate UNIX administrators.

If you are responsible for the administration of a number of UNIX systems
in a commercial environment, BYTE would like to hear from you. We're most
interested in speaking to people who meet the following criteria:

1. Administer and use a number of UNIX systems
2. Have access to a network which includes a variety of different types of
   UNIX hardware (workstations, 386/486, fileservers) and software
3. Experience in heterogenous (UNIX<->Mac<->DOS) networking preferred
4. Administrators/consultants working for computer system manufacturers
   are excepted, unless the candidate is a widely known and respected member
   of the UNIX community

The criteria is only a guide; don't count yourself out if you fail to meet
one or two items.

Preferred candidates are those who work in an in-house administrative
capacity, with a decided preference for those who also have purchase
authority. Consultants and VARs with sufficiently large client bases might
be considered as well.

This plan is still in the early stages, but in general, we'd like to have
access to some people "in the trenches" to help give us a broader view of
how UNIX technology is being used in the industry. We still haven't worked
out exactly how our panel of experts might be used, or whether there would
be any compensation other than the "thrill" of being quoted in the
magazine. We may also confer honorary editorial titles upon selected
members of the panel; that might at least look good on a resume.

Again, this is very preliminary, and everything is subject to change. If
you'd like a chance to help improve the UNIX-related coverage in BYTE,
drop me a line at one of the mail addresses below.

Thanks to all in advance.

Tom Yager, Technical Editor             tyager at bytepb.byte.com
BYTE Magazine - One Phoenix Mill Lane - Peterborough, NH 03458
All opinions expressed are my own.         uunet!bytepb!tyager