Cursor behaviour differences between SunView and X11R4

lwv27 at CAS.bitnet lwv27 at CAS.bitnet
Thu Jan 3 05:16:00 AEST 1991

Our problem is appearing within an ORACLE form.  We are using SPARCstation
1's, under SunOS 4.1.0.

When we specify a default font on screen.b.12 and Bold facing using the X
offset, we find that we get what APPEARS to be an underline cursor.  If
the user specifies some other font they typically 'see' a transparent
(white?) cursor.  The underline cursor is what we really want.

When we run the same font under X11R4, and use xterm, we get only the
invisible cursor.  Is there an escape sequence that we need to issue to
get the 'underline' cursor?

Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27 at cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu
Personal: 674 Falls Place,   Reynoldsburg,OH 43068-1614
America Online: lvirden