Problem w/ PC to Sun telnet

Jeffrey P. Hagen jhagen at tybalt.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 25 11:12:56 AEST 1991

Our group has a PC clone with an Excelan EXOS 205T ethernet board
installed, running Excelan EXOS 8051-01 rel. 3.2.3 TCP-IP software.  The
system seems to run correctly in that it will FTP to any type of host
system; VAX, Sun, etc.  However, in attempting to TELNET to a Sun system,
one gets a "Connected to..." message, but no login prompt.  We've tried
connecting to all sorts of combinations of VAX/UNIX and Sun/UNIX systems,
and only the Sun/UNIX combination refuses to offer a login prompt.  These
same systems allow FTP perfectly.  Again, we've tried Sun SPARCs, 386's,
all with the same result.  If anyone could offer a suggestion, it would be
most appreciated, as we seem to run into a brick wall.  Feel free to post
or e-mail as you see fit.  Thanks

jhagen at arrester.caltech.edu
jhagen at jpl-pds.jpl.nasa.gov