Newer PROM User's Manual?

Bob Sutterfield bob at morningstar.com
Fri Jan 11 06:41:59 AEST 1991

I just received a copy of the PROM User's Manual, part #800-1736-10,
revision A of 9 May 1988, and its Addenda and Errata, same part number and
revision but dated 24 April 1989.  The newest SPARC machine listed is the
4/330.  It contains no information about the SPARCstation ROMs and all the
nifty printenv/setenv stuff.  Sun's very helpful (no sarcasm:  Desiree
really is as helpful as she can be) Telemarketing folks tell me that this
is indeed the latest released version, and of course they don't have any
knowledge of anything newer until it's actually released and made
available on their inventory computers.

So, official channels having failed me, I turn to the net...

Is anyone privy to a more recent revision, that they're able to share with
me?  Should I buy the SBus Developer's Kit-II (SBUS-DEV-KIT-II) just to
get the Open Boot PROM Toolkit User's Guide and SPARC Open PROM Toolkit
Reference Card?  Would these newer docs tell me the same stuff as has
historically been included in the PROM User's Manual?