IPC Color Monitor Problems

Steve Maraglia srm at unify.com
Thu Jan 17 12:24:42 AEST 1991

We recently received four IPC workstations and noticed the following on
all the 16" Sony color monitors.

o Two faint horizontal lines about 2 1/2 inches from the top and bottom of
  the screen. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what causes it?

o A multi-colored swirl. Depending on the background color its more or
  less evident. It would appear the monitor needs to be degaussed but I see
  no button for degaussing (i.e. like the older Hitachi color monitors).
  Does anyone know how to degauss the Sony monitors or have an explaination?

Send me email and I'll summarize.

Steve Maraglia				   internet: srm at unify.com
Unify Corporation			   ..!{uunet,csusac,pyramid}!unify!srm
3870 Rosin Court    Sacramento, CA 95834   (916) 920-9092