S-Bus Enet Cards (Summ

nagler at olsen.uu.ch nagler at olsen.uu.ch
Tue Jan 22 11:10:19 AEST 1991

> I'd appreciate a recommendation for an S-Bus ethernet board.

All respondents recommended Sun's board (even the guy from Sun :-) It
costs $400. The following is representative of the answers I received:

From: jmoore at Solbourne.COM (Jim Moore)

I would guess that all the cards are *exactly* equivalent. If the
manufacturer is using the LSI Logic Sbus DMA chip, then the only thing to
do is to wire it up to a AMD Lance ethernet controller and put it on an
Sbus board. I have not seen any manufacturers claiming to have improved on
this design. So I'd just look at price and warrantee.

Thanks also to:
    fpb at ittc.wec.com (Frank P. Bresz)
    srm at unify.com (Steve Maraglia)
    nn at Eng.Sun.COM (Neal Nuckolls)