32MB SLC possible?

David B. Lewis david at lta.lta.com
Thu Jan 17 01:26:47 AEST 1991

I recently looked into upgrading a 16MB SLC 4/20 and was told that it was
impossible until 64MB SIMMs came onto the market, but that may have been
tongue-in-cheek; the machine has only 4 sockets for the 4MB SIMMs it uses
and maxes out at 16MB.

However, I have since come across a reference to these SIMMs' being the
same sort as used by the IBM PS/2 Model 70 and being replaceable by an 8MB
SIMM produced by Hewlett-Packard.

I don't have the budget right now to upgrade the machine to a SPARCstation
1 or 2, with larger memory capacity, and would like to be able to get 24
or 32MB into the SLC by swapping out what's on the board now.

Has anyone had any experience with the 8MB memory modules? Barring that,
does anyone have any educated guesses as to whether such modules would be
usable in the SLC?

Thanks very much in advance.

David B. Lewis  			Lewis, Trachtenberg & Associates (LTA)
Note new address!:  david at lta.com	+1 617 225 0366