Sun 4/470 Performance Question

Dana A. Bunner bunner at vms.macc.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 17 08:34:33 AEST 1991

I am involved in a short-term purchasing decision involving the Sun 4/470
server system (and possibly the Sparcstation 2 being used as a server).
We are considering using a 470 to support 20-30 users running primarily a
scientific word processor, a few mathematical processes, and serving as a
communications gateway (Sparcserver would be supporting the same
application mix but with only 4-6 users).  If anyone has any firsthand
experience with the performance of these systems under similar workloads,
please E-Mail me.

   Dana Alan Bunner, Asst Dir,  UW-Madison Academic Computing Center
   1210 W. Dayton St.     Madison, WI  53706          (608) 262-4418
   ARPANET: bunner at macc.wisc.edu      BITNET: bunner at wiscmacc.bitnet