207 MB Drives in SS1(+)'s

David L. Markowitz dav at gtc.com
Fri May 24 04:47:00 AEST 1991

rhoward at msd.gatech.edu (Robert L. Howard) writes:

>Can you put a 207 MB disk in a SS1+ (or an old SS1)?

>I understand that part of the consideration is the power supply...if I
>only have one 207 MB disk, will that consume more or less power than two
>104's?  Is it possible to actually put two 207's in a SS1+?

There are two problems: power and cooling.  The SS2 has an added fan and
air vents under the drives to handle the 207's.  You can definitely put
one 207 in an SS1, or two 104's, but not two 207's (unless you add fans, a
messy operation).

	David L. Markowitz
	Solaris Systems Division - Genisco Technology Corporation
	dav at gtc.com