4.1.1 kernel reconfiguration

Klamer Schutte klamer at mi.eltn.utwente.nl
Fri May 24 04:47:00 AEST 1991

In order to get more available memory on our SS1 diskless clients i tried
to throw out the UFS code. This decreased the text from (roughly) 800kb to
700kb. When rebooting the machine the available memory showed 6.3 Mb. (On
a 8Mb machine). But on the kernel with UFS the available memory is 6.8 Mb!

My question is now: why does including UFS give more available memory?
Are there any buffers allocated? If so, do they improve performance?  Or
is it a bug?

Klamer.

Klamer Schutte
Faculty of electrical engineering -- University of Twente, The Netherlands
klamer at mi.eltn.utwente.nl	{backbone}!mcsun!mi.eltn.utwente.nl!klamer