207 MB Drives in SS1(+)'s

Wolfgang Kuehnel caxwgk at pkinbg.uucp
Wed May 1 09:00:00 AEST 1991

>From article <2632 at brchh104.bnr.ca>, by rhoward at msd.gatech.edu (Robert L. Howard):
  I understand that part of the consideration is the power supply...if I
  only have one 207 MB disk, will that consume more or less power than two
  104's?  Is it possible to actually put two 207's in a SS1+?

Any 207MB disk in any configuration is not supported in a SS1(+). SUN says
that the power supply , fan and housing outlets for the air flow are
different. the SS1 designs wont match the requirements of the larger
disks.

I think you can put one 207MB as a single disk in a SS1(+) without risk.
But I didn't try it before.

Wolfgang Kuehnel