the c.u.w vote war and endless discssion

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at gildor.dco.dec.com
Tue Oct 23 11:34:25 AEST 1990

	Can we all calm down slightly about this ? It's only usenet.
Pause to think that the reorganization was to keep "newbies" from making
"non-wizard" postings in comp.unix.wizards - instead we are plagued
with endless rounds of comp.unix.recriminations. The signal to noise
ratio is probably even lower than it was before the reorganization,
not because of "how do you remove a file starting with '-'" questions
but because of net politics and policies being placed at a higher
priority than useful technical communication.

	Don't worry about scaring off the wizards with stupid questions.
Stupid debates are just as effective.

mjr.
--
Nothing is beautiful unless it is large. Vastness and immensity can make
you forget a great many weaknesses.