lpr with -t flag

Shiping Zhang ping at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu
Sat Oct 27 01:33:34 AEST 1990

After a new Sun is put into the network, the output layouts from ltroff
on both lazer printers shift half inches to the right. ltroff is a shell
script of one line: troff -t $* | lpr -t
The value of .o , the predefined register for page offset, is correctly
set, but the output is off by half inches to the right. For example,
when its value is set to one inch (verified by using .tm), the left
margin will be one and half inches instead. I suspect the problem is
from lpr with -t option. I don't know if lpr, with -t flag, will
preappend some sort of file to the input. I'm wondering if that file,
if there is one, is lost during the operation for the new Sun. Thanks
in advance for any advice.

-ping