Why idle backups?? (was Re: Looking for shell script for backup on BSD 4.3)

Andreas Koppenhoefer koppenh at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 24 20:33:16 AEST 1990

In article <32749 at sparkyfs.istc.sri.com> zwicky at sparkyfs.istc.sri.com (Elizabeth Zwicky ) writes:

> [...]
> Some sites run a dump modified by Purdue to skip inodes that change
> after the tables are read - this means that your chances of getting
> a corrupt tape are significantly reduced [...].

Hmm..., sounds good. In my anonymous ftp lists there are a lot of
purdue hosts. Please would someone tell me, where I can get the
source? I suppose it's in public domain.

Thank you,

	Andreas Koppenhoefer
--
Andreas Koppenhoefer, Student der Universitaet Stuttgart, BR Deutschland
mail:   koppenh at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.dbp.de
privat: Belaustr. 5/3, 7000 Stuttgart 1
        Telefon: +49 711 694111 (Mo-Do 18-22h MEZ/MESZ)