Network Maps

Elizabeth D. Zwicky zwicky at quetzalcoatl.erg.sri.com
Wed Oct 24 07:26:37 AEST 1990

I've noticed for some time that looking at other people's networks is
a fun time - in fact, the network diagram is the best part of some
papers at conferences. Therefore, I'm starting up a collection of
network diagrams, a project I'm calling "You show me yours and I'll
show me mine". It works like this; you send me any network maps you
happen to have lying around, perhaps with explanatory notes about when
they were made, I collect everything up, make it available in a
package, and add whatever summary information I can glean out of it.
In addition, I'll mark off things like "Scariest Network", "Most
elaborate network map", and similar things - I'd call them awards, but
I can't promise you'll get anything more than infamy out of it.

I'd like PostScript; I can definitely cope with ASCII, FrameMaker,
InterLeaf, pic, fig, gremlin, any format known to PBM+ (sun raster, X
window dump, CMU window manager, group 3 FAX, GIF, GEM .img, MacPaint,
MGR bitmap, PC paintbrush, PICT). I'm also willing to improvise; if
nothing else, we can always arrange for hardcopy which I can scan in.

Send your maps to:
	Internet: zwicky at erg.sri.com
	Phone: 415-859-3290
	US Mail: Elizabeth D. Zwicky
		 EJ392
		 SRI International
		 333 Ravenswood Ave
		 Menlo Park, CA 94025
I'm afraid you'll have to improvise for UUCP, although I'd bet
that uunet!sri.erg.com!zwicky would work - failing that, try
osu-cis!zwicky

	Elizabeth D. Zwicky