intelligent interface for unix admin. available ?????

Greg Lehmann grl at brb.dmt.csiro.au
Thu Sep 27 15:04:54 AEST 1990

CHATTER at auvm.auvm.edu writes:

>i am a graduate student interested in working on thesis on intelligent interfac
>e for unix. it would be an expert system (nexpert) running under sun. i am deci
>ding that at its best it should identify the right commANDS AND FLAGS TO DO A P
>ARTICULAR TASK. IT IS JUST AN IDEA NOW AND I WOULD APPRECIATE FROM THE UNIX "gu
>rus" a comment if the idea is worth a graduate thesis, whether someone is famil
>iar with similar work done at any school/office.

not an intelligent interface but ...

Any interface has got to be an improvement over what is in most unixs eg sunos.
Solbourne (sun sparc compatible manufacturer) distribute some sort of interface
that runs under x-windows. Maybe you should look at that as a minimum
requirement for your system.
--
Greg Lehmann,
CSIRO Division of Manufacturing Technology,     Telephone: +61 7 377 3877