tunefs

Martin Boyer gamin at ireq-robot.hydro.qc.ca
Wed Sep 5 08:32:12 AEST 1990

In article <141722 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> lm at sun.UUCP (Larry McVoy) writes:
>[...]
>If you have an absolutely static disk, mounted
>read only all the time,  then crank that %free down to 0, fill up
>the disk and sleep easy.  If you have an active disk (/tmp or user
>directories) then you should leave it at 10% if you want reasonable
>performance.

And how about the /export/swap (or whatever is used for client swap
space in SunOS 4.x) partition?   Once the files are created (using
mkfile for each client), they are never allocated again.  It seems to
make sense to set the %free to zero for this partition.

I have done that and everything seems fine.  Am I wrong?

Martin
Martin Boyer                            mboyer at ireq-robot.hydro.qc.ca
Institut de recherche d'Hydro-Quebec    mboyer at ireq-robot.uucp
Varennes, QC, Canada   J3X 1S1